Monday, June 17, 2013

Wishing Away the Days

What's new? I've been wishing away days, weeks, months, heck, whole seasons of my life I'm pretty ashamed to say. But now that we're here: 8DPO, 7DPIUI, I'm wishing the days away like crazy. I just have to get to Saturday (yea, yea, I know I originally said Monday). If it's negative, I'll cry, throw an excellent pity party, and then retest on Monday, at which point if it's still negative, I will dissolve into a puddle. Offers are being taken now for volunteers to scrape the goo (what's left of me) off the sidewalk. BUT, if it's positive... oh geez... I will not wait for Monday, I will drive myself straight on down to Atlanta (without an appointment) and demand a beta. I will not wait for Monday again... I've been down that road before and terrible, awful, no good, very bad things happen.

I'm pretty sure that I've had every early pregnancy symptom at least once in the last week... but who am I kidding? My guess is that so have you because the symptoms of early pregnancy are the symptoms of LIFE. I've decided that my contribution to the TTC community will be this: once I complete this TTC roller coaster, I'll have so much money I won't know what to do. So, I'm going to create a new test... a test for actual conception: i.e. did sperm meet egg?... Now sure, it'll be crazy sad to get a positive on this new test only to get a negative, which would mean it failed to implant. But at this point, I've just GOT TO KNOW.

I'm also interested in discovering safe alternatives to over-dosing on sleeping pills or requesting a medically induced coma to allow for a solid two weeks of sleep. Because really, I don't need to be awake for this. I'm worthless. My head is somewhere else and my body is functioning an autodrive as it searches EVERY neural/physical response within my body for signs of life (it's too early to feel a kick, right? I should cross that one off my list.). And no, I don't need to keep myself busy... I'm working a full time and a part time job... I'm plenty busy. This does not equate to a distraction. It just equates to time that I must be awake... the goal is to be asleep, wahhhhh!

But a big shout out to a quite a few girls who survived the 2WW and received good news! Go on over and tell Amanda, Infertile265, and Laura congratulations on their positive pee sticks and beta results! Good luck ladies, we are all pulling for you!

And that's all I've got folks... I told you: it's all on autopilot.

17 comments:

  1. OMG if you find something that induces two weeks of sleep... PLEASE send it my way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...don't envy you this wait at all!! And it is totally likely that you're feeling kicks. Your baby is bound to be super advanced, so that should be expected. :) Praying you get good sleep and adequate distractions for the next few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I could fast forward through this week for you. 2wws are the worst. Praying so hard you have that positive when you test! Thinking of you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out! This post made me laugh. The TWW is a horrible wait. But it doesn't get any easier. The BETA wait is worse. And the inbetween beta wait is worse. I'm dying here. I'm still POAS b/c I need confirmation. It's torture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking and praying for this step to be positive and all the steps that follow! I can only imagine how hard this must be for you because I am on pins and needles 24/7 myself.

    Love you! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how time always slows down when you don't want it to, and vice versa? Keep hanging in there! Thinking and praying for you constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying that God will help you walk the fine line between staying hopeful and guarding your heart - here's to the next several days flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping and praying for you. This week can't pass fast enough!

    CAPTCHA said Mary. Baby girl?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying that all of these thoughts/symptoms gets you that BFP you are waiting for :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come on Saturday!! Prayers for you Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so funny. I sometimes (well a lot of the times) wish I could sleep through life. At least little parts of it! (especially two-week waits)

    There's been lots of good news going around lately, many, many prayers that you are blessed with some fantastic news as well! I feel really invested in this cycle of yours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always wish that I could be in a medically induced coma for my 2ww! That would be amazing. Someone could drag my limp body around every once in a while to ensure sufficient bloodflow to my uterus.
    Good luck, fingers crossed!
    www.grandscienceexperiment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet of you! Thank you, friend! Here's hoping the days fly by!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thinking of you! everything is crossed all at once. the end of the week will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thinking about you and praying for you during this 2WW. It's so hard. I just had my IUI today so I'm staring a 2WW in the face right now. Jesus, please let Amanda be pregnant! Please, please, please!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another day closer to Saturday! Wishing these days away with you. Can't wait to hear some good news!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You poor thing! You're clearly being driven mad by all the waiting. Hoping Saturday comes super quick and you get good news.

    ReplyDelete