So I know what most of you are thinking... I can't possibly be checking for pregnancy symptoms yet. And I'm not, believe me I'm not. This is more about how whenever you have a reason to actually check for symptoms, they are EXTREMELY abundant. This is the first month in a very long time that there is a significant chance (can you call 10% significant?) we might get pregnant, but that is absolutely no reason for eight billion symptoms to come out of nowhere. It's just not.
Take yesterday for example: 1DPIUI (one day post IUI) I woke up to the WORST HEARTBURN EVER! Now granted, I never get heartburn. I've never even taken a tums before, so my tolerance for such terribleness may be kind of low, but to me, it was awful. The sensation was all the way into my chest, terribly uncomfortable, and would not go away. Of course one of the medications I'm on says not to take any type of antacid... lovely. I finally called the doctor to see if this is a side-effect of anything because well, I'd had NOTHING that should cause heartburn. And don't you know, the medicine (doxycycline) that states in plain English on the bottle not to take antacids is the culprit. Nice. My nurse recommended that I take the evening pill earlier, so that I don't lay down after taking it. She also said to ignore the pharmacy's instructions, to go take a tums, and to eat a little something when I take the pill. Oh and milk, she said to drink milk... but that ain't happenin'.
My point is this: heartburn is a well known sign of pregnancy. Maybe not the earliest sign you might get, but still, a woman trying to conceive will wonder...
Then there was this morning: 2DPIUI I didn't feel awesome. Kind of warm, kind of, well off, but not stay home from work sick. I was almost finished getting ready, I took Sterling outside, I started to feel really, really lightheaded. I thought I needed to sit down. I headed inside. All of a sudden in the midst of, "I'm going to pass out" came "I'm going to throw up". And I did. And I NEVER get sick. Never.
Everyone knows that vomiting your guts up is a sign of pregnancy, particularly the type of nausea/vomiting that occurs in the morning... it's called morning sickness for a reason, you know?
So what's a woman to do? I mean seriously, I'm 2DPIUI, maybe 3DPO (three days post ovulation). If, and I do mean if egg met sperm, that beautiful mass of cells is still in my fallopian tubes. They haven't even implanted! There is no rush of hormones flooding through my system to trigger all of these "symptoms". And this my friends, is why the 2WW totally blows!
Play nice universe, play nice. I'd like to survive the two week wait with my sanity intact.
Bah. I hate stuff like this. The 2WW is no time for a stomach bug or anything else when you're hyper-aware of every single thing!!!
ReplyDeleteI swear I get morning sickness after every IVF! My fingers are crossed for you, girl!!
ReplyDeleteHa. You poor thing. As if you need anything else at this point to put you in a tizzy!! I would be the same exact way!! Maybe that egg was already in the tube when it met the sperm and you had a super fast implantation because of it!! Let's go with that. I like how it sounds. :)
ReplyDeleteI would so be thinking I was pregnant and working myself all up!! I mean I already look for any symptons all of the time lol. It all sounds very promising though!!
ReplyDeleteI had these exact symptoms this early on in all my successful pregnancies and proved all the naysayers wrong (including my husband and an internet full of "you can't possibly be having symptoms before implantation") so I'm going to be the rebel here and say that this is the real deal. I actually documented mine and dated it on my email so that I could tell everyone "told you so".... which I did with gusto. This was before my blog or I would have done it that way haha. If this isn't it, I'm sorry for getting your hopes up, but I could have written this post myself regarding my experiences. Good luck and can't wait to hear!
ReplyDeleteSending so many thoughts for this 2ww. They can be torturous!
ReplyDeleteI hated the 2WW tricks. Hope it flies by and this IUI is the one. Maybe it is a premonition?
ReplyDeleteSo hoping that this isn't just a nasty trick. Thinking positive thoughts and saying prayers on your behalf.
ReplyDeleteWeird... You never can tell right? Hoping and praying these symptoms are a good sign!
ReplyDeleteThose TWW symptoms tend to play tricks on you. I hope you are one of those few ladies out there that start getting symptoms as soon as sperm meets egg.
ReplyDelete