![]() |
| May 2013 BBT Chart: IUI#4 |
I know lots of people say that temping after a trigger or while on progesterone is totally unreliable, but I've yet to see that in my own charting. Sure, the progesterone is keeping my temperatures high but that's an accurate reflection of how much progesterone is in my system. My temperatures are higher than they've ever been before... eeeee! And, I do believe I see the ever elusive, not so reliable, "implantation dip".... now, sure, it's on CD6 and not CD7-10 like FertilityFriend says, but it's there.
As far as symptoms go, I've had them ALL... for one brief moment, and then they are gone. I've been nauseous, fatigued, bloated; I've had heartburn, cramps, and frequent urination. I've had it all, but nothing is consistent. It's here today gone tomorrow, or better yet here at 10am and gone by noon. I'm a lovely mixed up ball of emotions, symptoms, hope and dread. Where is all of this coming from?
And then it hit me. I've consciously and subconsciously been dreaming and running various scenarios in my head for the last several weeks. I now understand exactly why I'm so completely invested in this cycle. There is a LOT riding on this cycle: Not surprising, I know. But seriously, as if a BABY isn't enough, as if becoming PARENTS isn't enough... this cycle could also change our lives financially in big, big ways. Let me explain:
Ten months ago, when IUI#3 failed, we decided to do IVF. It wasn't a happy discussion at all... it was one of the ugliest fights we've ever had. I wanted to take out a loan, Sam wanted to save... I accused him of not caring about our unborn children (below the belt? maybe), he called me irrational. Basically we came to an agreement to do IVF... the END. We had no real plan of how to get there. Which is why we're here (at IUI) instead of there (at IVF). But regardless, all of this is to say, that with time we've come to fully embrace and expect IVF. The plan is and has been to live well below our means for as long as it takes to pay off our credit card debt (shame face), pay for IVF, and maybe even a down payment on a house. We're expecting to pay $18,000 for a chance at a baby. BUT, if we somehow get pregnant (and stay pregnant) this cycle, our entire outlook on the next year would change. We could pay off close to $30,000 in student loan debt. Or we could have a HUGE down payment on a home. This could literally change the way our finances look for the next five, ten, fifteen years... it's that big of a deal.
So when I say that there is a lot riding on this cycle, I mean it. It wouldn't be just a baby, which in and of itself is enough reason to totally lose it, but it would also be like winning the lottery. In our heads, that $18,000 is already gone... a positive pregnancy test would be like someone handing us $18,000. Without even realizing it, I've been playing all these scenarios through my head... buying a house next spring (with a nursery of course) with a sizable down payment and a lower interest rate because of less debt... it's a really really beautiful picture. And I'm not ready to see the dream go.
BUT, I keep reminding myself that if this is another failure, nothing has changed. We were planning to do IVF... we will still be planning to do IVF. But I'm just going to be really honest, this one's going to hurt.
Until Saturday my friends...

I am so anxious for Saturday to get here. I can't imagine how anxious you are! Praying so hard this cycle worked!
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful chart, my friend! And I hate that so much has to ride on this cycle. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteI totally get it! We've been saving up, and I would love to use that money for a down payment on a house in the country. But we are holding onto it in plans for IVF. Keep the hope! You are in my prayers!
ReplyDeletePrayers for peace sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteThat chart looks great!!! I'm so hopeful for you. I will be thinking of you - praying and crossing my fingers (and everything else) that Saturday is THE BEST day of your life :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Anxiously awaiting my dear!!! I would love to hear that you're expecting and a recent lotto winner. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh this has me on pins and needles too! I don't know how you are handling it! Praying that God gives you a peaceful perspective throughout the next couple of days. :)
ReplyDeleteHoping for the best for you and that chart really does look good! I have the same feelings about IVF lurking just around the corner.
ReplyDeletewww.auntmimi2010.blogspot.com
Omg, the dreaded 2WW while temping is literal torture. I know that feeling all too well. So nice to wake up to anxiety every morning!
ReplyDeleteWe're also saving up for a house too which is partly why we've decided to do IVF overseas.. So I'm right there with you, lady. You are very much on my mind and I pray that this is your month!!
Oh, and I heard N'SYNC in RiteAid the other day and I just about freaked out!! haha Oh, adolescence...
ReplyDeleteYour chart looks fantastic! I am so very optimistic for you. I can't help it. I just feel it. The finances of all of this is insane. We often have the same conversations. I hope that you never have to spend that $18k. What a special kind of lottery indeed that would be. Good luck this weekend! I'll be waiting to hear from you!
ReplyDeleteAs if dealing with infertility isn't enough...when money gets involved it makes it even harder! It's impossible to not wonder/worry/stress over having money to pay for treatments, it gets me all twisted up inside. I completely understand where you're coming from right now. This is most likely our last IUI as well before IVF (if we decide to do it, we haven't come to a decision yet) and a positive pregnancy test for us would mean not having to stress out over coming up with 20k for IVF. I hope and pray that this will be it for you guys, that you'll get pregnant and get to keep that money! Keep us updated! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm more of a Back Street kinda girl myself :) Things seem to be looking good for you so far and of course the extra money would be mega plus!! Praying for your BFP this time :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a great looking chart. Hoping this is "it"!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful chart. Can't wait til Saturday to hear that you are indeed a lotto winner AND of course expecting.
ReplyDeleteYour chart looks great, saying lots of prayers for you!!
ReplyDeleteYour chart looks awesome! Praying for the best news ever on Saturday!
ReplyDeleteThe financial part of IVF is so hard. Sorry you and hubs fought about it. Hoping you win the baby lottery this month.
ReplyDelete