Well, just call me Nervous Nelly. I feel sooooo much more anxious than I did for IUI #1, which I guess is understandable as THIS IS IT. But oh goodness, I'm a bundle of nerves right about now and scared out of my mind.
Let's back up a minute. You remember that post where I said there was ZERO percent chance of me being pregnant before my birthday, well stop the presses, but it appears that there actually is a chance. Now this won't be a confirmed pregnancy, not even an implanted pregnancy, but it seems that there will actually be, however infinitesimally small a chance, that sperm might meet egg before my birthday.
"How is this possible," you ask? I am equally floored to learn this. You will understand my SHOCK when I peed on my OPK this morning to see a smiley face looking back at me. Huh?!?!? I have never, ever, not ever received a positive OPK before CD 18. Today is CD 13. Thankfully I already had my mid-cycle planned for this morning. It appears to be true, I am ready to bust, sans hCG injection this go around. My lining is gorgeous, 11mm grade 1. Nice cushy spot for baby to snuggle up, don't you think? The down side is that upping the dose on Femara did not in fact make more follicles. I have one follicle on my right side, 28mm. So the husband should be happy; no risk of twins this time. I of course am a little bummed. I wanted lots and lots of big follicles. My doctor said that as I am proving rather difficult to impregnate, she wouldn't cancel the cycle for as many as 4 follicles. I am, of course, doubting the decision to go with femara now, as I know on clomid I'd have 3+ follicles. Hindsight is 20/20. There is no going back now though, so on we go.
IUI #3 (THE LAST ONE) is set for tomorrow morning at 9:45. As it is a Saturday, Sam will be there this time. That is comforting as, if today is any indication, I will be a nervous wreck waiting for the appropriate moment to have a giant ugly cry.
So here is my plea: I'm calling on all intercessors and prayer warriors. I don't usually ask for prayer coverage, but if you will, lift us up this weekend. Ovulation will probably occur tonight, so Saturday is a crucial day, but this weekend is all considered "well-timed". I'm scared out of my mind right now, so my prayers sound like incoherent garbldy-gook. So step alongside us and pray for a literal miracle. A "God breathing life into nothing" miracle. A "the odds are so against you" miracle. Because people, I need a miracle.
I'll update all of you avid and interested readers of my stirrup days tomorrow.
PRAYERS. . .PRAYERS. . .PRAYERS are going up for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou know I'm praying for you. My bible study gals are praying too- I'll let them know of your urgent request for tomorrow. :-)
ReplyDeleteTake yourself a nice deep breath and rest your anxious spirit in the Lord, for He cares for you.
Love, Sara