Among infertility and TTC blogs, the end of the year can be a time of renewed hope in some ways. A way to say "sayonara" to the year that screwed you out of your dreams. You know, give it the ol' "don't let the door hit you" kind of thing. The past year may have sucked in the baby making department, but next year, oh baby, next year is going to be the year. We all say it, hoping that it turns out true. I've certainly done it year after year. I'll be honest and say that I really thought 2014 might be our year. First with IVF. And then I held out hope for adoption. I didn't necessarily think we'd bring a baby home that fast, but I have to admit that I was really holding out hope that we'd match before the year was out. It would have been nice to end the year on a note of anticipation and excitement. But we're here again, and this post sounds a lot sounds a like last year's, except maybe slightly less hopeful. Repetition is really only fun in certain forms, like alliteration. It's certainly zero fun to feel like déjà vu is a permanent feature of your life. So I'm hopping off this repeating record… let's end this year with a celebration!
I submitted my post Still in the Trenches for Mel's 2014 Creme de la Creme. I don't necessarily think it was my best post of the year, but rather the best summation of the year. Although I'm still stuck in the bottom of this stupid, stinking, mud-filled trench, but 2014 was a really good year for a ton of my friends. So here's to you ladies:
Lindsey @ Operation Baby Gage: baby boy born February 11, 2014
Annie @ Sweetest in the Gale: baby boy born August 22, 2014
Laura @ The Adventures of an Infertile Myrtle: baby girl born February 16, 2014
Lentil @ Lamenting the Lentil: twin boy and girl born February 19, 2014
Rain Before Rainbow: baby girl born February 27, 2014
Ali @ Here I Go Again: baby girl born March 1, 2014
Amanda @ beloved burnt toast: baby girl born June 23, 2014
dspence @ Donating Hope: baby boy born March 5, 2014
Kimberly @ No Good Eggs: twin boy and girl born March 27, 2014
Em @ Teach Me to Braid: twin boys born April 17, 2014
Erin @ Gypsy Mama's Magic Moments: baby girl born May 27, 2014
Aubrey @ Two Hearts and One Dream: twin boys born June 5, 2014
Rebecca @ The Road Less Traveled: baby girl born June 9, 2014
Mrs. Lost @ Where is That Bird?: twin boys born July 10, 2014
Hopeful and Hungry: twin girls born July 14, 2014
Erika @ Something Beautiful: baby girl born August 5, 2014
Emily @ Eat Love Procreate: baby boy born August 18, 2014
Emily @ Eat Love Procreate: baby boy born August 18, 2014
Beth@ Beth & Harrison Slatery: baby girl born October 7, 2014
Allison @ Belle Haven Drive: twin girls born October 8, 2014, rest in peace Emmanuelle Mac
Julia @ Finding a Way Out of IF: baby boy born October 9, 2014
Conceptionally Challenged: baby girl born October 26, 2014
Infertile 625 @ Hidden Infertility: baby boy born October 30, 2014
Shay @ Sweet Silver Linings: baby boy born November 8, 2014
Holly @ Oh Baby, Baby: twin boys born November 14, 2014
The Unexpected Trip: baby boy born December 2014
Tracy @ Just Stop Trying and It Will Happen: baby girl born December 7, 2014
A Few Good Eggs: baby girl born December 28, 2014
Geez, did I miss anybody? I'd say it was a very, very good year. Congratulations again girls!
I have a pretty good feeling about 2015 too. I mean, did you hear? Suzanne's got two solid betas already and an ultrasound on the calendar. Quite a number of my friends have already announced 2015 due dates, so I'd say the year is off to a good start. So, so long to 2014. Hoping that 2015 is filled with an equal number of blessings. Love and hugs to you all, whether you'll be snuggling at home with your baby tonight in your PJs or anxiously awaiting a new year with the chance for renewed hope. And if 2014 was most definitely not your year due to miscarriage, or loss, or 10,000 BFNs, hang in there. If nothing else, the good fortune of so many in 2014 should bring us renewed hope that there are ladders aplenty in this trench. Let's find one and start climbing.
You always have such a great way of writing things out. Here's hoping that 2015 is a great year for all of us.
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet to remember these women and their milestones. Your heart is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHappy 2015, Amanda!
Wow, what a great year for so many births! That is so amazing!! Cheers to 2015 being filled with fun, hope, and plenty of lessons to be learned! Thanks for sharing all the amazing news, Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteOH Amanda, thank you for rejoicing with us. I cannot wait to rejoice with you <3
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous!! And...I'm trying to imagine how long it took you to look up all of those birthdays. I tip my hat to you for your extensive legwork!!! Holding out hope for an amazing 2015 for yall!!!
ReplyDeleteAmanda! I love your heart. You have done an incredible job cheering people on in the middle of personal hardship. I know that all of the people in your life are grateful for how you've loved and supported them regardless of where they are at in this journey. I know your ability to look outside yourself has encouraged me this year as well. Love you friend. May 2015 be an incredible year for the Greavus!
ReplyDeleteI know it's been a roller coaster of a year for you. And it can be so hard to watch others move on to bringing home their children as you are still waiting. Hence I admire your thoughtfulness and support of those you love. It's a gift.
ReplyDeleteI also have high hopes for you this coming year. But I will also argue that even though you are in the trenches, you are not in the bottom dwelling in the mud. It may feel that way, but you are far from it.
Wishing you a wonderful new year and may 2015 bring lots of joy.
You are so right as usual. So much hope for those of us left. My ladder is propped up. Let the climb begin.
ReplyDeleteJust finding the need to tell you I Love You, friend! Praying that 2015 is YOUR year...!!!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
I am praying that 2015 is your year too. How quickly your life can change with one phone call saying you've been chosen. I hope that day is very near on the horizon
ReplyDeleteWow it is so awesome to see that so many sweet babies arrived! You have been a tremendous support I know for myself as well as for so many others :) Praying your name is added to the list for this year! HUGS!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Impressive list, my friend. Love seeing so many TTC sisters become mothers. It's truly a blessing. I hope 2015 is your year and I can't wait to see how the next 12 months unfolds for you. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteSending you so much love. I wish I'd found your blog sooner, I've been feeling pretty isolated in my little trench & would love some company! xxx
ReplyDeleteIt is a true testiment to your faith and love and friendship that you remember all of the women that were blessed last year. AND ME!! Thank you. I'm terrified still, but I'm working on letting myself feel like this is real. I have so much hope in my heart for you and Sam. I want this to be a turning year for both of us. That's my wish. So happy to have you as my friend. Love you. xoxox
ReplyDeleteWow, that's quite a list and you are so wonderful for celebrating other ladies' miracles. Praying we'll both be on that last next year. xx
ReplyDelete