This is going to be brief you guys... I'm exhausted. We literally just got into our hotel room. After three attempts to enter three different rooms, it has been determined that the key card system at the hotel has malfunctioned... only the master key card works. Thank God, that it does or I'd be asleep in the hallway of the StayBridge Suites in Jacksonville... I'm that tired.
Christmas came and went in a flurry as usual. My mom has a big family. Her mother is still living along with four siblings all of whom have children and three of the five siblings have grandchildren now. There were about 30 people in her house last night. My introverted self was exhausted just from that, but add in all the cooking, cleaning, and decorating, well, I'm just not sure how my mom does it. But it was beautiful! And yummy, except, I wouldn't know about that!
We started off Christmas morning at my mom's with just my mom, stepdad, Sam, and I. Sam and I received some lovely gifts from everyone! Most notable were:
 |
| Despicable Me 2: first up on the list of movies to watch in Jville |
 |
| A new nutcracker to add to my collection |
You can see that Everest was chilling out Christmas morning as well. What you can't see is that she went CRAZY over a little furry hedgehog thing with catnip inside. Love that little girl. You can also see that I added some awesome infinity scarves to my pajama attire... lovely.
 |
| Happy Christmas family-sans Boo Boo |
Unfortunately we didn't get the full family. It's hard enough to get a good photo with Sterling, add in Everest and her tendency for red eyes, and well, our family photos usually fail. Just imagine a sweet little fluff ball, okay? And just to prove that we clean up, here's one of us in front of mom's (ah-mazing) tree!
 |
| Nine Christmases with this handsome man! |
And last but not least, let us not forget the best gift of all:
 |
| IVF meds |
That's right people, it's almost time. I'm fairly certain this is the most expensive gift to ever grace my home the week of Christmas... so Merry Christmas to me. I'll be back tomorrow with an update after our appointments and when my brain is slightly less frazzled from a 7.5 hour drive.
So glad yall made it there safely!! Get some rest and have fun kicking off your millions of appointments and shots!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!
ReplyDeleteThat tree is beautiful!
Yay for meds! :)
Cheering you on from Ohio! (And praying lots too!) Excited to see how your story unfolds!
ReplyDeleteYay! Glad you're starting everything up! Try to enjoy yourself while you're in J-ville. We always tried to make a little "vacation" out of our trips to CO. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI remember getting my package of meds and having so many mixed emotions. I am praying for you! It's almost go time my friend.
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it safe and sound!! Good luck at your appointment today, keep me posted! (Looks like a perfect Christmas...you guys are such a cute couple!)
ReplyDeleteDrugs! Woo hoo! Get lots of rest!
ReplyDeleteY'all are both so photogenic!!! Praying for you this week!! Hope you get to relax as much as possible while you are there!
ReplyDeleteCute pics. I have to agree with Caroline....you could totally model. Enjoy the weather in JAX. We have lots of friends in Jax Beach, and I'm definitely jealous. Really some beautiful areas there!
ReplyDeleteLove your Christmas pictures! Can't believe you're already in Jacksonville! Praying for a great week, easy appointments, pain free shots, and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR with lots of good news!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!!! You're so, so close! I'm so excited for you. You can do this, girl! You certainly, certainly can.
ReplyDeleteWonderful Christmas pictures, the time is almost here. We just watched Despicable Me 2 this past week, very cute! Have a safe drive! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYour Xmas looks like a blast. You look so happy in the pictures.
ReplyDelete