Saturday, March 17, 2012

Aunt Amanda


I'm an aunt! Shane and Hollei had their baby girl Friday, March 9! Sam and I made it home for a very brief visit, but I was happy to get to meet her. Hollei had informed us all earlier in the week that her doctor had scheduled her to be induced in two weeks, so I mistakenly assumed that meant it was very unlikely she would go into labor before her due date. I was incredible surprised to hear that her water broke early Friday morning. Sam and I had already scheduled a game night at our house for Saturday, so we decided to stick around, enjoy the party, and head home after.

Saturday we had a busy day getting ready for the party, and I was super jealous that my mom got to spend the whole day at the hospital. We had a great night at the party though! Lots of laughter with some great friends! We finished up the party a little after 10, and then loaded up the car to head home. Sadly all of this excitement also coincided with the start of daylight savings time, so we officially got home to my mom's house a little after 2 o'clock. To compound the sleepless night, Sterling was up all night throwing up because of the bone he literally demolished during the party. Needless to say, Sam and I were exhausted Sunday morning, but we were up and ready by about 8, and at least one of us was excited.

And finally, I got to meet my sweet niece, Alexis Christine Whelchel:


Miss Lexi: 6lbs 4oz 19in



Happy Grandma



Such a sweet family!


Sleepy baby! So sweet!

Sadly, Sam has lots of schoolwork so we couldn't head home again this weekend, but my mom is getting lots of snuggle time with baby Lexi. Shane and Hollei are staying with her for the weekend! Here is baby Lexi at one week old!



1 comment:

  1. I did have a marvelous weekend with Shane, Hollei and Lexi! She is such a GOOD baby - happy all the time!

    Don't worry they are coming back for another weekend when you and Sam come up in a couple of weeks so you will get plenty of Auntie time!

    ReplyDelete