Sheesh! You guys, I'm tired. Like crazy tired. Operation "go back to work" has commenced and I'm freaking exhausted! 40 hours will kill you, I tell you! Which is why I've always been a big supporter of four day work weeks (not four tens, just four days. less is more.) I'm also a fan of naps. Spain has got the right idea with the whole siesta thing. Smart stuff!
It did not help that I'm currently commuting to work... forty-five minutes in and an hour and twenty-five out. That makes for a crazy long day. People who commute are insane. There's not really even bad traffic for my drive, mostly just long boring roads. I've got nothing on those crazy people who tackle metro-Atlanta traffic. That stuff is intense. I would freaking lose my mind. I can't fathom the kind of salary that would be required for me to add two plus hours to my day, plus the stress of dealing with the crazies who share the road. I'm thinking double... double, and I might consider sacrificing my sanity. Anyway, the good news is that we should only have another week of this nonsense, well four days to be exact. Next Friday is my laparoscopy (AHHHHHH!!!) and then, the following Monday, I should have a nice little commute within the city of Athens. Lovely.
It also didn't help that I started my period this week. Yep, for all of you out there who thought, "hmmmm, there was an awful lot of good for the Greavu's all of a sudden, I wonder if they are pregnant." Don't worry, you weren't the only ones. I did, in fact, ovulate during that special ten day stretch of wonder, but alas, I'm not pregnant. There's nothing like starting your period on your first day of your new job... oh wait, yes there is, starting your period during National Infertility Awareness Week. Nothing makes you more aware of your membership to the "infertile club" than the start of your twenty third cycle since trying to concieve.
All of that added together makes for one very tired working woman. I'm sure I'll get in the swing of things again soon; I mean, I have done this before, but in the interim, I'm falling asleep each night waiting on dinner. Nice, huh? I thought so. So you can guess what I'm doing this weekend... sleeping. I fully intend to sleep-in Saturday and to follow that up with a nap. Beautiful!
I've also got a LOT of projects going on. Most are kind of silly and frivolous, just some pinterest projects to make the new place look more like home. Plus, Sam and I nabbed a table and chairs off craigslist for a steal of a deal. We're going to refinish them to look a little more like us. I'll display all of my craftiness at a later date I assure you.
So that's it! I'm off to rest and craft, rest and craft, and then rest some more only to grumble on Sunday night that weekends are too short. Hope you enjoy your weekend!
Sorry about Aunt Flow showing. Eeesh she needs to get the message! I commuted for two years and hated it!!!! Now my commute is 2 minutes and I can't tell you how amazing that is!! Have lots of fun this weekend!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are going well (minus your period)... Hopefully your new job helps to distract you from IF (as if that's even possible!), even if just a little!
ReplyDeleteAF started this week for me too, what a coincidence with it being NIAW and all. I hope that you settle into your new routine quickly!I did a 90 minute commute each way for 2.5 years back in the day. I actually started to enjoy it-it was the one time in my day where I could turn off the radio, pray and just enjoy some peace (well...whenever I wasn't honking at people haha!)
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to figure out where you're staying right now that has such vastly different commute times in the morning and evening! And like Aubrey, I hope that the new job helps to at least eat up some of the brain space that IF normally hogs. :) It worked for me pretty well, so I think it'll work for you too. Or our lunch breaks together will!! :)
ReplyDeleteWork gets in the way of everything ;)Commuting is rough, I agree, definitely teaches patience sitting in traffic! Enjoy your weekend and your crafting!
ReplyDeleteCommuting such a distance can be so hard. For the first couple years of our marriage, I drove an hour each way every day. The only good thing about it was that I was able to "read" lots of audiobooks. For me, the hardest thing about the long drive was that it felt like I was wasting two precious hours of every day. So if I could be productive by listening to books that I would have liked to read anyways, it helped with the anxiety of losing those hours.
ReplyDeleteI hope that this weekend is a time of renewal so that you feel energized going into this next week.
Also, sorry about Aunt Flo. She's so annoying.
Sad that AF showed up, but on to a new cycle! Which means another cycle of hope :) This is going to sound crazy, but sometimes I wish I had a commute to work. I absolutely LOVE driving, especially on the interstate. I told my hubs the other day that I almost got on the interstate after work to just drive... I might not have ever stopped :) It clears my mind and gives me time with the Lord. I will be praying about your surgery. Love you girl! Have a restful Sunday!
ReplyDeleteHi! First timer here. :) Commutes are tough especially when there is traffic involved. I have a 25 minute commute and I think it's perfect. I used to commute 90 minutes to go 13 miles when we lived right outside NY in CT. No fun. Good luck with your laparoscopy! Sending you good vibes.
ReplyDeletePoor thing! Adding a commute to your day makes you so much more tired. I have a 45 to an hour drive each way. It sucks. Hope you get lots of rest.
ReplyDeleteUgh. That commute sounds awful. Glad it's not long lasting (and probably over at this point). Hopefully your laporoscopy went well yesterday. Thinking about you!!
ReplyDelete