Happy Birthday Everest!
My precious kitty cat is four years old today. I'm not happy about it. How come she has to age so fast? Why can't she stay young forever? Ughhhh! I'm not ready for my babies to grow old.
Everest is a funny little kitty, and she deserves a spotlight on the blog. Her little younger brother takes the spotlight all too often for his antics. Everest is my second Himalayan cat. I purchased her from a breeder about five months after my first cat, Soo Ming, died. Soo Ming was the BEST cat ever, so I knew I wanted another Himalayan. And we found Everest.
Everest was described to me as being an eight month old male seal point. Soo Ming was a blue point female. I wasn't too sure about this dark male beast, but I went to see her in Alabama anyway. And she was GORGEOUS! I was scared she'd darken with time, but she has stayed mostly white and kept her "points" clearly marked. Oh, and she's a girl. That's right. I brought her home, took her to get her boy parts chopped off and after opening her up, they found, ahem, the wrong parts. They called to inform me that my he was a she and that she was in heat. Lovely. It's a miracle she wasn't pregnant after running around with all those unfixed show kitties at the house.
Life with Everest is kind of a mess. She came to me already eating people food. The first time I sat down to eat a plate of chicken tenders on the couch, she hopped up and proceeded to step on to my plate so she could get chicken. Boo Boo LOVES chicken. And yes, I call her Boo Boo. Everest was picked out after muuccchhhh debate, but when we thought she was a boy. Changing her name was too daunting, so she's still Everest. My nicknames for animals don't' normally make sense anyway. Soo Ming was call Soo Soo, Sooey, and eventually Tootles. Sterling is most commonly called Turtle. Everest comes to either name. She's smart enough to handle both. She also loves pork chops. One night, when she was about ten months old, I came upstairs to find her ATTACKING a bone-in pork chop. I still, to this day, have no idea where or how she got it from the kitchen through the living room into the foyer and up all the stairs. Like I said, she's a mess.
She's SUPER affectionate. To me. Other people, ehhhh. She likes her dad okay. When the term "scaredy cat" was made, they were talking about her. She's scared out of her mind of strangers, and by strangers I mean anyone she doesn't see everyday. She's very vocal, meaning she meow's at the top of her lungs if she doesn't get her way. She's mostly calm, chill, and lazy. But then all of a sudden she'll have spurts of crazy energy where she'll race through the house and chase Sterling.
Here are a few photos from over the years:
And here is what poor Everest's life is like ever since we brought her brother home…
Happy Birthday Boo Bear, mommy loves you!
So cute!! I have a seal point rag doll that looks so much like her. I also have another cat we nicknamed "boo". Too funny. Love big, fat, floppy cats. :)
ReplyDeleteHimalayans are my favorite! And your little Boo Bear is the cutest! Get that girl some chicken tenders to celebrate her special day!
ReplyDeleteAren't our little pets just the best?!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday sweet Everest!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Everest! Though you probably have no idea who I am because you had to be locked up every time we came over lol. ;) Love that video and how Sterling just took over the couch!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty kitty!! I love that Boo Boo was mis-gendered...that's pretty hilarious.
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable! We have 2 cats, my "baby" Maya is over 10 years old and I hope she is with me at least another 10 years. Like your kitty, she is full of affection and always helps calm me. Cats really are our "kids" when we don't have human ones. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! What a cool looking cat!
ReplyDelete