First of all, Sam accepted a job. Not just any job, but a FANTASTIC job! We were really so blessed to be in the opportunity to choose between jobs. I mean, it's 2013, we're in a
Secondly, I GOT A JOB! No seriously, I got a job. It was kind of a whirlwind of a week. Sam made his decision on Wednesday, I woke up to an email on Thursday telling me that I was the top candidate and to hold tight. Friday I accepted a position! Sweet!
Are you ready for this? On top of all of that awesomeness, I met with my old boss from my college years and he wants me to come back and do graphic design work! I'm ECSTATIC! I love working with him and the entire church! It's really a dream place to work. It's only part-time, so I'm going to do both: full time job during the workweek, and part time job at night or on the weekends.
And to top it all off, the last piece of good news is this: we found a home to rent in Athens. As I mentioned before, this process can be terrible. Particularly in a college town where rental units are often not cared for, expensive, and occupied. We decided to live well below our means for the next year in the hopes that we can accomplish two things: IVF and a down payment for a house. If both of those things happen in a year, I'll be blown away, but we decided to go for it and give it everything we've got. We're not getting any younger!
So there: after a lot of not so great news, and months of waiting, we smashed a heck of a lot of EXCELLENT news into ten days! Things are looking up and we're EXCITED!!!!
YAY!!!! I am so excited for yall!! Give me all the details about your jobs!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is all great news!!! So glad things are looking up for once! :)
ReplyDeleteWoot, woot!! Awesome news!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! Praising the Lord for all the good news! Can't wait to hear all the other ways he continues to bless you throughout the year! wahoo. And CONGRATS to both of you!
ReplyDeleteAll fabulous news! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteSO glad to read this blog post today, Amanda! You guys should go buy a lottery ticket tonight :)!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Yay! It's about time for some sunshine! So happy for y'all!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this post so much!!! Sam certainly hit the jackpot when it comes to his future boss! Brian and Leigh are like the model PT husband + wife team. Y'all have it really good girl! Praying that the blessings keep coming. :)
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! That's TONS of GREAT news! I'm so excited for y'all and I am so thankful that the Lord has answered your prayers and provided for y'all. He is GOOD! Can't wait to see how He blows your mind over the next year! :))
ReplyDeleteYay! That is all really great news congrats!
ReplyDeleteSUCH great news! Yay! Yay! Yay!
ReplyDelete