So give me some feedback: What have you had tested? What test do you want? Is there a test that was a game changer for you?
This is what I've had tested thus far:
Hormones:
- AMH- 5.7, 2.54, 4.3
- FSH- 5.9, 8.1
- LH
- prolactin- 15.55, 15.0, 12.6
- testosterone- 28.91, 31.5
- TSH- 1.75, 2.34, 1.99
- Estradiol
Clotting Disorders:
General Health:- Factor V Leiden
- Anticardiolipin
- Homocystine Plasma
- Protein S Panel
- Antithrombin III
- Protein C Deficiency
- blood counts
- thyroid function
- liver function
- kidney function
- cholesterol
- blood sugar
- vitamin D levels
- iron levels
Infectious Diseases:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- HIV
- Rapid Plasma Reagin (syphilis)
- Rubella
Genetic Testing:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Alpha-Thalassemia
- Beta- Thalassemia
- Sickle Cell
- Canavan Disease
- Familial Dysautonomia
- Tay-Sachs Disease
Miscellaneous:
- Hysterosalpingogram
- Chlamydia antibodies
- CA-125- 39.6
Wow, isn't it crazy when you list out everything you've had tested? It's an overwhelming list! Looks like you've had most, if not all, of the major tests done.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I could be totally wrong (and maybe this is just a MA thing, but something is telling me it's not), but, didn't Obama do away with the whole pre existing condition thing for health insurance? Again, I could be wrong but I don't think that will be an issue :)
Amanda...have you thought about gluten sensitivity testing? I did it to rule out Celiac's disease which has been linked to infertilty
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you have been tested for a lot! I was tested for natural Killer cells before my current IVF cycle. Mine are elevated so we are adding an intralipid infusion during this cycle.
ReplyDeleteGosh, this makes me want to pass out just thinking about all the blood tests you've had done! You're a rockstar. ;) Obviously I'm no help on what additional tests you should have, but I can say that Kyle and I have been really happy with the health insurance offered through the BOR, which is most likely where your insurance will come from as well. I was afraid I was going to get pinged for a few pre-existing conditions myself when I switched to the job in Atlanta, but as long as you don't have a break in coverage from COBRA to your new job you should be ok.
ReplyDeleteGoodness, so much to think about! I don't know if I have much wisdom to offer. I wish there was just one standard insurance across the board and was the same for everyone :) And, it covered infertility! Then it wouldn't be such a headache :)
ReplyDeleteWow! I am so impressed that you keep track of all of this stuff! It's so important to be your own advocate in health care, especially with infertility. My mom and my husband are both nurses and tell me this all the time. I really try to be informed and assert myself but it's hard. Good for you for staying on top of things and knowing your stuff!
ReplyDelete