Monday, October 21, 2013

What Weekends were Made for

I'll admit that all too often my idea of the perfect weekend is house arrest. There is really nothing better that a good weekend, holed up inside, lounging in my comfy sweats. My introverted self craves some me time. Weekends that are filled to the brim are exhausting to me, but sometimes it's for the best. Take this weekend for example.

Sam and I went home to my mom's house on Friday night. October is kind of a birthday explosion in my family. My birthday is five days after my mom and Sam's is four days after me, so we tend to do one birthday party for all of us. Saturday was the day. We watched the Georgia game (depressing) and then had dinner and cake and presents. Lots of fun! My brother and his family came over as well so mom got in lots of snuggles with my niece. Fun times were had by all.

Birthday Trio! Forgive mom and I for not wearing any makeup...
just pretend we cried it off after the Georgia loss.

And then as if this was not enough for one weekend, Sunday after church, Erika and I drove in to Atlanta to visit Jennie and her sweet new baby boy. This was my first time meeting Jennie in person. We had discussed getting our dogs together for some fun at Piedmont Park months and months ago, but then Jennie was pregnant and there was no way in the world I was letting my terror of a dog around her beautiful baby bump. Jennie has a Vizsla named Enda which is kind of a smaller version of a Weim... so cute too. Anyway, back to the visit. Meeting my blog friends never seems to disappoint.... Jennie is every bit as beautiful and kindhearted as she appears on her blog! And her new son JB is PRECIOUS! It was a wonderful afternoon/evening spent with some really special ladies. This season of life has sucked in so many ways, but the beautiful people I've met along the way have been such a blessing! If I must walk this road, there is no one I'd rather walk it with than the amazing women like Erika and Jennie that I've met along the way.


Photo doesn't adequately display Jennie's
amazing house or the fun we had.
 
Phewww... this introvert has reached her word limit. By the time I made it home on Sunday I was fully rocking my "man voice" which is a sure sign of talking too much. But it was well worth it! It was a wonderful weekend full of things worth celebrating! Speaking of celebrating, I've decided to turn 22 this year... it feels like a good age, right? I'm committing myself to not let my birthday get me down. It's just a number. My eggs did not change from yesterday to today. But that doesn't mean I'm necessarily excited about the day or my age... it just is. So happy 28th 22nd birthday to me!

14 comments:

  1. Happy 22nd, then!! :) I totally agree- I was starting to lose my voice by the time I got home. Matt wanted to chat and I was like "I'M OUT OF WORDS, TRY AGAIN TOMORROW!!" But still-- such a great day!! Let's go crash Jennie's house again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 22nd Birthday, friend :) As I said on Erika's blog, I'm so jealous of your fun little road trip!

    PS - you look like a stick in that picture of the three of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 22nd Birthday to you!!! What a fabulous weekend. I am the biggest fan of lazy, at home weekends. But I think you're weekend sounded absolutely fabulous. What a fun road trip!! All of you are such cute gals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to meet with blog friends. Pretty ladies! Love those at home weekends too, but you are right....good to get out every once in a while and be social with your peeps! Happy bday to you Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to hang with Erika and meet your other friend Jennie! Hope you are having a happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday again, and glad you had a fun weekend celebrating in advance and doing fun things :) I think 22 is a good age, mostly because you can rock out to Taylor Swift's "22" song all year long! (Unless you aren't a fan of T. Swifty, in which case, forget that suggestion.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had such a great weekend! How fun to get to meet up with other bloggers :) You are all very pretty ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How special to celebrate all three of your birthday's at once! What a fun night!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend. I wish more of you lived in Northern California. Sigh! Happy 28th...I mean 22nd birthday. Wait. I take that back. I'm not sure if we could be friends if you were 22 because then you could literally be my daughter and that makes me REALLY old. My mom had me at 15 so that would be our age difference. Yikes. Okay. Enough of my hypothetical tangent. Happy birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 22nd! Sounds like a great number. I'm thinking of turing my 35 into 25 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun birthday weekend! Although sweats weekends are equally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! You and your Mom look so much alike, both beautiful! Looks like it was a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cozy stay-at-home weekends too! Sounds like you had a great time though. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! I'm obviously like a week behind on my blog, so will share this same great update, oh, in a week or so. :) The outfit you gave us is PRECIOUS. I need to get a picture of him in it to share! Thanks again for making the trip!

    ReplyDelete