Monday, April 13, 2015

Wonderful Weekends

SOOO! The last couple of weekends have been amazing! Now some may say that I'm currently living one giant weekend as I'm not going into work. They would be WRONG! Can I get an "Amen" from the stay at home moms? Totally a difference. But the last two weekends were definitely what weekends were made for. 

Last Friday was our 5th anniversary. Obviously we couldn't do much, but I'm pleased to say that we did celebrate. We're five for five on our commitment to celebrate our anniversary each year. This year we decided that each of us could use some time to relax, so Sam went to play a round of golf and I got a massage and a facial. Golf is Sam's happy place... He LOVES it, but it's like the most expensive hobby ever, so he rarely gets to play. I LOVE massages, but that's definitely a luxury thing for me... my last one was for our second anniversary, three years ago. While we were out for the day, Sam's mom kept Little Man for us. That afternoon we picked him up and went over to my mom's. She kindly offered to watch him for the night, so we went out to dinner at Bonefish and then spent the night at Chateau Elan. Chateau Elan is literally across the street from my mom's subdivision, so we were approximately three minutes away. It was nice to be close enough that I could relax, but separate enough that we could enjoy each other and celebrate five years together. It wasn't the most glamorous anniversary, but I'm really proud that we found a way to keep our promise for another year. I don't have any photos though, so you'll have to just trust me that it happened. 

On Saturday, the day after our anniversary my mom hosted a baby shower for us. It was really wonderful! She worked really hard on decorations, and the house was BEAUTIFUL! It was a really special day for our family and family friends to come meet Garrison and shower our family with love. 

Mom thoroughly enjoyed making a gazillion tissue paper flowers
The beautiful spread
Our one any only interest flop… Mom's goal were those tulle balloons you see
everywhere. FYI… they don't float. Like at all. So some gold spray paint to the rescue.
Sam had present duty for approximately one gift before he vacated the seat of honor

Happy little Greavu family

Mom was really wise (and awesome) and used items that I wanted
for his nursery for the shower decorations. This little
elephant will now take up residence in the nursery.
Sunday was Easter and Garrison's first time at church. We decided to take him to Waumba Land (preschool) as a packed auditorium and a screaming baby sounds awful. 
When you can't hunt Easter eggs, Easter is kind of a snooze.

He got the royal treatment complete with VIP stickers, an "Athens, I love You" onesie, and a sticker to celebrate his first time in Waumba Land. 

I wanted one of him awake, but first days at church are exhausting.

I think I was a good bit more excited about his first day in Waumba, as he pretty much snoozed. For me, this was a very long awaited day. I've served in the preschool ministry since August of 2012. I've watched hundreds of pregnant bellies and baby carriers walk past my door every Sunday for years. But even more, every Sunday for years, I've checked myself in only to have the parent pickup sticker print. Sunday after Sunday, I've simply thrown that part away, but no longer. 
I'll be needing that parent pickup sticker now!

It was a really incredible weekend. One filled with long awaited dreams come true, redemption, and lots of celebrations! It was also pretty crazy to think that this time next year we'll have a one year old to celebrate Easter with. Still surreal to think that this is my life. 

Yesterday my sweet friends here in Athens through me a second baby shower. These ladies have been some of my biggest supporters and cheerleaders over the last few years. In a lot of ways, Garrison is the fruits of their labor as they have spent countless hours in prayer for our family. It was so special to get to celebrate with them and introduce him to the answer to their prayers.

Beautiful (and delicious) cupcakes by my friend, Laura.
Notice that she wrote a bazillion nicknames for Garrison.
The beautiful spread of food. My friend, Danielle, has
THE BEST house. Seriously. Add that she and her husband are
great cooks, and well, they could sell tickets to be friends with them.
Some of the beautiful decorations that the girls came up with…
don't be jealous, my friend Kristin is a ridiculously
popular interior designer.
The remaining Athenian members of my original small group…
love these girls to pieces!
Current small group (minus one). So thankful for each of these ladies!

These weekends have been so special! I wasn't sure if I'd ever get to have a baby shower… kind of a always the bridesmaid, never the bride, type of deal. But now I've had TWO and they were both so special! And while it makes for a rough first few weeks, it's pretty awesome to have your baby with you at the baby shower. We're so, so thankful for the outpouring of love and gifts we've received since bringing Garrison home. He's going to be one well dressed  and well read little dude. 

19 comments:

  1. Those showers look pretty awesome. You're every bit deserving of them. How many weeks of leave do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And up next Mother's Day...yay!!!!! You get to celebrate as a mother :) It is just so wonderful to read this post from you Amanda! I'm thinking being able to have the baby at the shower is a better idea because hey, the main attention is on the baby! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post! So glad you got to celebrate your anniversary! Sounds like a perfect way to do it too! I bet it's nice having reliable babysitters so close by ;)

    The showers look perfect. I love all the decor and you are glowing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! SO happy for you. The showers look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! SO happy for you. The showers look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about these pictures! The two baby showers look so elegant. And you just look SO HAPPY in all these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about these pictures! The two baby showers look so elegant. And you just look SO HAPPY in all these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these pictures and your post! You look absolutely beautiful and Garrison looks well loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree- I would pay good money to be friends with the shower hosts!! And I can see me in the background of one of those pics, ha! Your mom's shower looks gorgeous too- glad everyone is spoiling you and Garrison!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these pictures!! Your showers looked absolutely perfect and I LOVE how happy you look! Warms my heart, I tell ya. You are so deserving of every single minute of happiness and love you've received from friends and family everywhere! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! You deserve to be spoiled. Lovely decorations and decor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwww, I love love LOVE that you're having these special moments that you have so deserved my friend!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful indeed!!! All lovely and beyond happy to see all these long-awaited images. Congratulations again and wishing you so many more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely parties! So glad you got not one, but two! You deserve ten!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh hun! I found myself smiling throughout this entire post. I am just so happy for you and I must say that you are simply gorgeous!!!

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love all this! Ur shower looks amazing. Ur mom did a great job. U deserve this and more after everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally catching up on reading and SO SO SO happy for you. What a miracle! I love that your friends and family are spoiling you with much-deserved showers. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is your baby shower! Agh! I love this post, love hearing your excitement and happiness. There couldn't be another more deserving. Hugs and kisses to you and Garrison!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful baby showers! So excited this day has finally come! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete