Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Out of Words

My prayers are literally like this: "Father God, Please." "Lord, PLEASE." "Jesus, puh-lease." You may sense a theme here. If God is handing out miracles based on the most persuasive, or well-worded prayer, He will be skipping over me this month. If however, He is impressed be repetition, then I am in the running!

I feel like I've prayed everything I can possibly pray. I've negotiated, bargained, argued, asked nicely, begged, pleaded, etc. And I am simply out of words.

We completed our first round of IUI on Saturday. We have to wait two weeks to test, so we will know one way or another on September 1st. I think my heart is over optimism... I'm clinging to realism. The chances of success on an IUI with Clomid are about 10%, less than a fertile couple has with no treatment. And while my follicles were looking good, one at 24mm and one at 22mm (twinsies?), my endometrial lining was kind of thin, 6mm. Boo. However, we do have one thing going for us and that is 44 million swimmers, post wash. They like at least 5 million, so I'm feeling pretty happy with that little statistic... Sam is pretty proud of himself as well.

So here's to hoping that at least a few of those little swimmers make the itty bitty journey to the egg, but more importantly that if we fertilize, the little one will find a nice comfy home to dig in.


No comments:

Post a Comment