I've been digging in lately, trying to find comfort, seeking understanding, looking for camaraderie. I'll be super honest, sometimes the scriptures bring up more questions than answers. But that's okay, I'll keep seeking, keep searching, keep hoping. I wanted to share some of the scriptures that I've found with the ladies who are struggling to conceive. If you have some favorite scriptures that have spoken to you in your darkest hours, or helped you to find peace in this current moment, feel free to comment or send them to me secretly and I'll add them in.
God's Goodness & Faithfulness
For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.
Psalms 84:11
Until now, you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be made complete.
John 16:24
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
Matthew 21:22
Blessings of a Family
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior's hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.
Psalm 127:3-5
Dealing with Infertility
Isaac pleaded with the LORD on behalf of his wife, because she was unable to have children. The LORD answered Isaac's prayer, and Rebekah became pregnant with twins.
Genesis 25:21
Love that it is Isaac who prayed on behalf of Rebekah. Think about asking your husbands to pray specifically for you and for your family. I wonder if God isn't just waiting for the father-to-be to affirm in prayer, saying, "yes, I'm ready. I agree. I want this." The scriptures say, 'Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.' Matthew 18:19
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
Hannah's story resonates with me greatly right now. I really love the simplicity of this statement. A great verse to memorize and have ready when the hard moments come.
He makes the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.
Psalms 113:9
LOVE this one! That is the future I yearn for... focusing on this promise!
Miracle of Life
For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb.
Psalms 139:13
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
Psalms 139:14
I also found this site the other day. I wouldn't say that I necessarily agree with everything said here, but this chart is a beautiful reminder that since the very beginning, women have struggled with bearing children, and throughout the ages, God has answered their prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment