It's a little laughable to even say I blog anymore. More accurate would be to say that I occasionally sweep some of the cobwebs off. With this in mind, Garrison turned two back in
February. It boggles my mind that I've known this little love for two whole years, and yet, in some ways, I can hardly remember life without him.
 |
| Most. Handsome. |
Nicknames: Bupsie, Bubs, Little Love, Nugget, G
 |
| Pretending we aren't afraid of nibbling fish. |
Stats: I'm over it. He's little. Everyone is just going to have to deal. I've worked my butt off to get calories in his body and meat on his bones. At his two year visit he was 22 lbs 8 oz and 33.75 in. He wears 18 month clothes in everything but rompers and one piece PJs. He needs a little more length in those.
Eating: He still eats well, as in, he's not picky, but oh. my. gosh. is he slow. He is so distracted by everything. The dog. The cat. The light. The fork. The cup. The fork in the cup. A new paper towel. It's endless. I try not to get frustrated, but geeeeeez.
 |
| First haircut. Neither of us were too sure about this. |
 |
| The CUTEST puppy ever. |
Sleeping: Jesus loves me, this I know, for my kid sleeps through the night. Going to bed is not super easy right now. I'm not sure if he's scared or just stubborn, but he's not interested in going to bed even if he's exhausted. Once he's down though, he's out. He so very rarely wakes up in the middle of the night and always goes back to sleep quickly without help. I have to wake him up almost every morning, and boy is he maaaadddd. This one is going to be interesting come teenage years. He goes to bed at 8 and, if allowed to sleep in, will regularly sleep until 8:15 or 8:30. He does not nap well though. Naps are pure torture. I'm not ready to give up though because naps are PRECIOUS to me.
 |
| A boy and his toys on Christmas morning. |
 |
G: Mom, why are you always taking my photo in the bath?
Me: Because it's the only moment you sit still. |
Likes: Oh gosh, he likes everything he's not supposed to like. Coloring on the floor. Coloring on the table. Hitting animals or people with sticks, bats, etc. He's OBSESSED with dogs. He's also become quite excited about trucks, tractors, planes, trains, etc. Oh and he loves stickers. Loves them. Oddly enough, he thinks stickers only belong on a person's back (that's where ID stickers go at church), so he is constantly putting stickers on my back. He likes everything physical. Running. Jumping. Sliding. Flipping. He always has scrapes, bumps, bruises, cuts, etc. I'm used to it by now.
 |
"Dog."
That's what he's saying. Count on a field of dogs to distract this kid mid photoshoot. |
Dislikes: Clothes. Or at least the clothes I pick. He likes shirts, but only soft T-shirts. No button-up shirts. He doesn't like shorts or pants at all. He doesn't like being told no, being inside, or being in timeout.
 |
| Exactly when did you grow up? |
Looking forward to: Spring, summer and fall. My little love prefers to be outside every minute of the day, so nice weather and longer days make for a muuuuchhh happier G. I'm ready to open the pool and enjoy lots of sunshine with my little nugget.
 |
| SPRING TIME! We're both shouting for joy! |
I'm so thankful for a second year with this precious boy. He brings so much light and laughter and joy into my life. The Lord was so merciful and kind when he gave me Garrison.
 |
The Birthday Boy. This might be my favorite photo ever.
This is exactly how I see him in my mind. |
Love the update! He is just so so cute!!! I can't believe it's been two years already! Wow!
ReplyDeleteI love this update! He sounds so much like my son, it isn't even funny!
ReplyDeleteHe doesn't love time-out?!??! What kind of weird kid is he?? Hahaha. I just love him!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness he is just the cutest!!! Happy late birthday to Garrison :) Two years went by way fast!
ReplyDeleteHappy 2nd Birthday Garrison! Can't believe he is two years old already! I laughed at the start of your post because my blogging days are very few and far between. Looks like you are all doing well, I'm so happy for you! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHow is he 2 yrs old?? Unreal. And I believe in small, but mighty. Mighty beats the stats any day.
ReplyDeleteWow, he sounds just like my 7 year old! Nolan was 22 lbs at 2 years old, cannot stay seated during dinner, is super active, and doesn't like wearing clothes. I'm pretty sure he has some sensory issues but he does well in school and is very good at sports so we don't focus on it. Garrison is adorable!
ReplyDeleteOh how time flies. I'm with u on trying everything possible to get some meat on my son. Unlike Garrison, he isn't a fan of eating much right now besides drinking liquids.
ReplyDeleteHello
ReplyDeleteAfter a history of painful, heavy periods and having had an ovary removed,I was diagnosed with endometriosis. Because that my remaining fallopian tube was blocked, the only chance I and my husband had of conceiving was through IVF.
The condition meant that fertility treatment was very painful in spite of the treatment it wasn't successful .
"From the age of 17 or 18, I had very bad periods, but my GP seemed uninterested. At 21, I had emergency surgery for appendicitis and awoke to discover I had also had an ovary removed, due to a large cyst. Although I had a histology (examination with a microscope of tissue removed during surgery), endometriosis (a condition in which endometrial cells, which normally line the uterus, implant around the outside of the uterus and/or ovaries, causing internal bleeding, pain and reduced fertility) was not diagnosed until much later.
With all these challenges, the possibility of getting pregnant was very difficult...I read an article of how Rahany Herbal Center, that helped a woman to conceive with the use of the herbal treatment...I contacted the address rahanyherbalcenter@yahoo.com....I ordered for the herbs and it worked. I conceived through the use of the herbs as instructed also. Contact rahanyherbalcenter@yahoo.com for help.