Every single day I am thankful for this community. I have no idea how anyone lives through infertility alone... simply can't imagine. This community of women from different cities, different states, different countries, all come together to support one another during the hardest years of our lives. It's a really beautiful thing. No matter where you are in the journey, you can find someone to walk alongside you. If you're pursuing an egg donor, you're in good company. If you're on your third round of IVF, you're not alone. If your choosing to forgo treatments in hope of a miracle or because you're choosing to live child free, you are guaranteed to find someone who feels just like you. This community is absolutely, hands down, the best part about infertility.
I'm so thankful every day for the connections, the friendships, the stories. When days are good, it's wonderful to have a group of people cheering for you, supporting you, and encouraging you. When things go terribly wrong, this community becomes vital in the blink of an eye. When the rest of the world doesn't know what to do or what to say, our sisters do. We know how to rally. We know how to love. I'm thankful everyday for this blog, that by some small miracle led me to each of you. I don't take that for granted in anyway. Infertility has affected every single part of my life, and most of the time those effects feel negative, but the one thing I can say without a doubt is this: the friendships I've formed here are so positive. These friendships are life breathing in some of the darkest of days. I'm so thankful for the infertility community and all that it brings every day, but today I am particularly thankful.
In case you haven't heard, Jessah's egg donor is Suzanne's gestational carrier... how crazy awesome it that?!? When you hear the stories, you've simply got to stop and say wow. The fact that two blogs from two women on opposite ends of the country walking different journeys ended up at the same clinic on the same day for very different procedures and that somehow that led us to today is mind blowing!
I remember when Jessah first posted about finding her donor, I sobbed, What an incredible gift! What a beautiful opportunity! What a selfless woman, K must be to offer the gift of her eggs! I was so happy for her. But around the same time, everything was falling apart for Suzanne. After the wildest, longest, hardest journey to the transfer, her FET using donor eggs failed. Life isn't supposed to be that hard, people. Suzanne and I discussed surrogacy. And we discussed the cost... and I almost vomited. Renting uterus space and time is expensive. I wanted so badly to find a solution for Suzanne and her husband, but wanting to solve a problem doesn't make you a ready made solution. But then, because of this community, because of the connections we form, because of that one meeting in Colorado, because of the generosity of one woman, Suzanne suddenly had a possible match.
It's been a very long road to today, and there is more road to travel for both of these ladies. Jessah's about half way through her pregnancy and Suzanne is still setting up and finalizing the details for her transfer. But you guys, if these stories don't give you goosebumps and a BIG goofy grin on your face, I don't know what will. Jessah explains in her post that it was meeting Suzanne and hearing her speak about egg donation that gave her and her husband the courage and desire to move forward with egg donation when her cycles at CCRM failed... that in and of itself is a beautiful testimony to this community. Our stories help each other. Our experiences help our friends. When you add in Suzanne's part to the story and you learn how she found K... wow! You guys, this place is so special.
My heart is simply bursting with happiness! Suzanne and her husband signed the contract with K and her husband over the weekend. It's real people! It's going to happen. Two of the longest, hardest journey's among us are going to end well, and not just well, but beautifully! This community just makes me so happy and so thankful! This is a beautiful place made up of beautiful people!
Their story is amazing!!! This makes me so very happy for all involved :)
ReplyDeleteIt's truly mind blowing to see how this has all come together. I remember finding Suzanne on a babycenter infertility board (I think we were both in a Femara/IUI group maybe?) two years ago. My heart has broken for them as they've run into these roadblocks. Good things are coming their way now, and I couldn't be happier.
ReplyDeleteThis post just warms me from the inside out. And all of it is so so true. This community has been my lifeline for so long. Thank you for these words today...no idea what I'd do without you! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post, Amanda! Meeting you wonderful ladies and being a part of this community is definitely the thickest, shiniest silver lining that infertility has to offer. I'm grateful for you. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written. Very true. This community had given us hope and strength through this journey.
ReplyDeleteI love love love their story and so glad they came public with it and shared on their blog!!! So thankful for this community and each and every one of you!!!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously the best news I've read in centuries! I will be just as happy the day you find out what lucky little girl/boy will join your family too!
ReplyDeleteSo true! All of it. So very true that our community is the best part of infertility. And so true that Suzanne and Jessah's story just might be one of the most amazingly fateful stories of all time :) Xoxo
ReplyDeleteOnce again you put my thoughts into the perfect words. I am so grateful for this amazing community and just in awe of Jess and Suzanne's story.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it is incredible. The unexpected bond that is forming is one that I'm sure will bloosom in the years to come. K is truly an angel and I hope for more good soon because of her selflessness.
ReplyDeleteI agree so much! I love the story so much. I am grateful for this community and for the relationships I have now as a result of it, including you:)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, the whole thing is wonderfully unbelievable! I'm so happy for all of them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, this is such an awesome story! Also, K must be a wonderful person.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, huge all around, ladies. I have nothing to do with Jessah and Suzanne's story but I kinda feel like I do just because I'm part of this powerful community! Haha!
ReplyDeleteUm, that was supposed to say "hugs." Hugs all around. Not huge. (-:
DeleteIt is true! It is such an amazing community and one of the positives that result in this journey :) there have been ladies that truly have touched my heart that I have met only through blogging and I'm so grateful for them and their friendship and support!!
ReplyDelete