Thursday, March 31, 2011

How Do You Measure, Measure a Year?

Wow! No, better yet WOW! It's been almost been a year since Sam and I stood before God, our family and friends and committed to love and serve one another for the rest of our lives. Today's my last chance for blogging abilities as Sam and I head out tomorrow to begin our journey to Miami... CRUISE TIME! But I didn't want to let the one year mark pass with out a little blog time.

Despite the craziness of our wedding day, it was by far the greatest day of my life. Not because it was flawless, no, our day was far from that. We ran behind schedule from appointment number one until we finally hit the lobby of the Ritz Carlton that night. And not because I was so overjoyed or happy all day. I was a bundle of nerves and quite ill though our reception. No, it had little to do with the hours of planning or the dollars spent. Instead it had everything to do with the promises made and the contentment gained in knowing that Sam is mine forever!



So what have we accomplished in a year? Well firstly there was the honeymoon! Sam learned to ski which was a great sign to me that I might make it back to Colorado more permanently some day! We were so blessed to able to take such an amazing trip! And despite the late season , we received a huge blessing in the form of 13" of snow! Paradise!



Soon after we moved into our first home in Augusta! We settled in nicely and began to add some personal touches to our little rental.



Sam started Physical Therapy school at MCG... a dream come true! Although Augusta may not be our favorite city we are so blessed to be here while Sam follows his dream to become a PT. At the end of May he will be finishing his first year of PT school and receiving his white coat! I couldn't be more proud!

Our first year has been full of new beginnings and lessons learned about one another as well as our lives together. But ultimately, as the song goes, "it's measured in love," and I am fortunate enough to be madly in love with my best friend.

Happy Anniversary to the Love of my Life! I look forward to many, MANY more years with you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! I wish for you a life time of love, friendship, wonderful experiences and treasured memories - beginning with your first cruise! Love you both so much - Mom

    ReplyDelete