Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

2011, already? 2010 was a really big year for us! Last night as Sam and I watched the various news broadcasts about 2010 in review, I couldn't help but get the feeling that most Americans were collectively holding their breath in anticipation of a fresh start and a chance to put 2010 behind them... most of the moments and memories were a little bleak. However, as I lay there, bleary eyed, and thinking, "clock go faster or I'll never make it", I was remembering some very different moments from 2010! A LOT has happened this year for Sam and I...

Sam got into Emory for their Physical Therapy program! (SO EXCITING!)

About a week before the big day, Sam got into MCG!!!! Change of plans!

We got MARRIED!!!



Sam finally had a chance to experience my Colorado and I got to go back if only for 8 brief days as we celebrated our Honeymoon in Breckenridge!


3 weeks later we moved to Augusta! And that was just the first 5 months! Since then, we've bought a monster, I mean sweet Sterling, conquered the job market, as well as 2 full semesters of the PT program, made some great friends, turned 25 (ewww!) and fallen more in love!

With all of that, I can honestly say, I wasn't in too big of a hurry for 2010 to end! The Lord has been very good to us and we are very thankful for such a memorable year together. But time moves on, and the crystal ball dropped and we rang in the new year in our pajamas snuggled up together on the couch.

So now that we're here, I guess, welcome 2011, you've got a lot to live up too!

I never really get into the New Year's Resolution thing... like most American's I tend to make it a brief period before the motivation dies, BUT here are a few goals for this year.

1- Focus more on the Lord. And trust in Him and His plan. My timing and planning needs to take a backseat to waiting on the Lord and His perfect plan.

2- Be a better wife! God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams by giving me Sam. Most days I just don't deserve a Husband who loves me unconditionally, tells me I'm beautiful even when my hair's a mess and I'm in sweats, deals with my moods, cooks beautiful dinners every night, and keeps the mood light and outlook positive. I am such a lucky lady and I just want to learn to love Sam more and more.

3- Get our finances in order! As with most married couples money, is one of our biggest stresses. Although, I have to admit that I am pretty proud of myself for the changes I've made to save money, we still have a lot more to learn about doing without and saving for tomorrow instead of living for today.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, just reading about everything you did in 2010 made me tired - what a year! You are such a special young lady and special couple. I hope 2011 is even better than 2010 for you both and all of your goals are fulfilled. Love you both! Mom

    ReplyDelete